Yesterday I did a blog post all about my night at the revealing of the Urban Decay Basquiat Collection in Debenhams here in Ireland so if you haven’t read that then it’s just the post before this one. On the night the makeup artist Lisa did a makeup look and for this blog post I’m just going to go through it and steps she took to achieve the finished look.
To begin all of the models makeup was removed with the Urban Decay Prep and Prime Meltdown makeup remover. You simply spray this onto a cotton pad and wipe all over the skin to break down any makeup.
Beginning with the eyes:
- Eyelids are primed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in the shade Eden
- The primer is then set with a thin layer of Urban Decay Pressed Powder
- Using the shade Enigma from the UDXBasquiat Palette, place all over the eyelid over the primer.
- The shape of the eyes is then outlined and defined using the second shade from the palette Levitation.
- The shade 1960 from the Tenant UDXBasquiat Palette is used on the outer corner and blended slightly inwards.
- Use the shade Neo in the crease area and make sure to blend very well
- Urban Decay Naked Concealer in the shade Fair Neutral is used to cut the crease by placing it all over the eyelid area only.
- Over the concealer, the shade Boom was then added.
- Any harsh lines were then blended out with the shade Neo.
- The crease area was also defined further with the shade Neo on an angled liner brush.
- Perversion Urban Decay 24/7 hr eyeliner is used to line the waterline and tightline.
- Finish off the eyes with Perversion Liquid liner to create a cat flick and Perversion mascara on the lashes.
- Eyelashes are optional
Any fallout under the eyes can be removed with a wet wipe. She then used the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation for the base. The under eyes, forehead, nose, cupid’s bow and chin area are all highlighted with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in the shade Fair Neutral. The skin is then set with the Urban Decay pressed powder in the shade Translucent.
The complexion was bronzed up, highlighted and blushed using the new UDXBasquiat Blush/Hightlight/Contour palette. The entire look was finished off by lining the lips with Urban Decay 24hr glide on eye pencil in the shade Psychadelic Sister and the lipstick in the shade Jawbreaker. Top the lips with the lip topper in the shade Monarchy and that’s the finished look.
If you guys have any questions about any of the products she used or the steps that were done please leave them below in the comments and I will try my best to answer them.
-Talk Soon xx