So recently I got this comment on my Urban Decay MasterClass Walkthrough post, saying that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Now I honestly have never heard of this award but from what I’ve read it’s basically a tag for any new and just starting bloggers such as myself to do on their blog in order for their followers (you guys 😉 ) to get to know a little bit more about them. Seeing as that is the case, I am more than happy to do this and would like to thank Amellia Mae for nominating me. Her blog is amelliamae.wordpress.com in case an of you guys wanna go and check her out.
So there are some rules associated with this award and I’ll just pop them here to get them out of the way.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, including a link to their blog
- Include the Liebster Award sticker
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you
- Nominate 5 other bloggers (ideally with less than 500 followers)
- Ask them 11 new questions
So Amellia Mae has asked me 11 new questions and I hope you guys enough my answers as much as I’m going to enjoy writing them.
- What is the story behind the name of your blog? Well my name is Thuraya which is of Arabic origin is basically means Star or cluster of stars, anyways as a child and even into adulthood those closest and dearest to me have always taken to calling me Soso which means adorable in Arabic. Hence I called my blog So Sophisticatedbeauty because it intergrates my name while also showing the type of person that I am and and what I love in two simple words. I really hope this makes sense to you guys haha! 🙂
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? I would live in Morocco!!! I went there last summer and feel in love with the city. It’s so beautiful, more specifically Casablanca. Loved every second of it! Here are a few pictures of the places I visited while I was there
- What is you favourite lipstick brand and shade? My favourite lipstick brand is MAC and the shade is Russian Red. I simple love this lipstick because it was the one I wore on my wedding day so it has a bit of a sentimental value to me as well as being an awesome shade of red!
- If you could give your 16 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Listen to you mother! OMG the amount of times I would just disrespect her or shout no at her when I was a teenager is too many to count!! But I turned out to be wrong in the end and as always didn’t know it until I got bit in the behind. Me and mom are the best of friends now and I wouldn’t know how to live life without her ❤
- High Heels or Flats? High heels all the way…I own bout 40 pairs but whose counting lolz 😛
- What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? I’m not sure what this is in relation to but I’m going to go the beauty route seeing as my blog is based on that. No.1 Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (after using her magic foundation on my wedding day I am officially desperate to use and try everything from her line). No 2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. No 3. Urban Decay Brow Beater Brow Pencil.
- How would you spend your perfect day? Shopping with mom, hands down one of my favourite things to do! I also love doing a spa day with her. It really relaxes us both and gets rid of some of the stress in our lifes.
- What would be your best beauty tip? Always use a primer no matter what skin type you have, seriously primers prolong your makeup and also create a barrier between your skin and the makeup which makes your skin breathe and absorb less of the makeup into the pores. Some of my favourites are L’oreal Infallible Mattifying Base and Clarins Instant Light Radiance Compexion Boosting Base.
- New York or LA? I’ve never been to either but I say LA because that’s where Angel was filmed and I love Angel!
- Do you have a celebrity icon/muse? Yes and no…I think I’ll leave it at that, if I get into it then I won’t finish anytime soon.
- Where do you like to write your blog? At my parents house, my old bed. Yes I got married and moved in with my husband but I’m still attached to my old room and things and my mom kindly lets me crash in said old room whenever I visit.
And those are all 11 questions. I nominate the following five bloggers!
- Carina’s Beauty
- Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good (AlwaysWilby)
- Owl you need is Luv (Amanda)
- Vals Vogue XO
- Lipstick or Lipgloss?
- Favourite Book
- Why you started your blog? Main Reason?
- Top 5 Products you use weekly
- Which Disney princess or prince would you choose to be if you could.
- Most expensive item in your closet right this minute
- 5 Random things about you!
- Favourite Movie
- Foods you’d like to try in the future
- Do you believe in love?
- Favourite Nail Polish brand and color
And that’s it for me with regards to the Liebster Award. I’m glad I was nominated and had a chance to do this and I hope you guys decide to do it as well.
-Talk Soon xx