I’m basically going to walk you guys through the make-up look that the make-up artist did on the model during the Urban Decay Masterclass for Summer 2016. She of course used all Urban Decay products and some were from the showcased collection and some weren’t. The look that she recreated is similar to that of the one used for the campaign models in the posters and booklets.
She went very natural on the skin and light on the eyes but she did spice things up by adding a bit of colour at the end to bring the whole look together. I know the booklet has a detailed explanation of what to do but the make-up artist did make some alterations to the look which I’ll include in the step-by-step below.
On with the tutorial:
- Step 1: Apply your own favourite moisturiser over the skin and ensure that it is well absorbed before beginning.
- Step 2: A thin layer of Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in the shade light (use your own shade here) was applied over the entire face and some was brought down onto the neck area.
- Step 3: Use Naked Skin Concealer under the eyes, around the nose and on the centre of the forehead to highlight and add coverage
- Step 4: If required apply a dusting of powder on the desired areas of the face.
- Step 5: Apply a small amount of minor sin primer potion across both eye lids. Wait for this to set before continuing on with the rest of the eye look.
- Step 6: Dust Virgin eyeshadow all over the eyelid as a base shade.
- Step 7: To achieve the golden rust look for the eyes the shade Buck was applied in the crease of the eyelid. Ensure that you buff all of it out for a seamless and flawless look to the makeup
- Step 8: Using the Urban Decay Brow Beater pencil, brush the eyebrow hair upwards using the spoolie at the end of the pencil. Fill in any gaps using small strokes with a light hand and set using Urban Decay Brow Tamer gel.
- Step 9: Highlight under the brow bone and in the inner corners of the eyes using the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil in the shade Heartless
- Step 10: Apply Deep end 24/7 glide on eye pencil on the lower lash line and buff out for a soft defined look.
- Step 11: Apply walk of Shame waterline pencil in the waterline for a wide eye effect.
- Step 12: Finish the look with a winged line and mascara though the liner is optional. Urban Decay liner in Perversion was used and the mascara of the same name.
- Step 13: Highlight the skin using Aura Afterglow highlighter and bronze up the complexion using Sunkissed Bronzer.
- Finish the look with your favourite shade of lip-gloss
And that’s the finished look you guys. If any of you decide to recreate it please post a picture of it below or even email it to me using my contact email if your not comfortable posting it for everyone to see. Hope the look is to everyone taste. Personally I find it a nice fresh take on Summer makeup. I like that the skin looks like skin and that not everything is covered in bronzer and the fake tan look.
-Talk Soon xx